Why eat carrots when you can have chocolate?
We know that there is a place for carrot sticks and salads. Chia seeds are at the height of popularity and we give our non-fat yogurts a healthy sprinkling each morning. We Hungry Chilipinos do not discount healthy eating and it has its rightful place.
But as the saying goes, “life is too short” to eat carrot sticks and salads with low-fat dressing all the time. Here at “The Hungry Chilipinos’ Headquarters”, desserts always have their rightful place.
We welcome desserts of all kinds. We don’t discriminate. We never hesitate to dig into a dessert when given the chance. Beautiful, glorious desserts. Every bite is happiness and bliss.
We love to be a little bit naughty, and indulge in decadent desserts without feeling a hint of guilt. Life is such fun when you can just let go a little and we want everyone to join us here for some fun.
So, say “yes” to decadent desserts and eat your carrot sticks later!
Seeking Decadent Desserts!
We recently had a dessert crawl and the theme was – chocolate of course!
Our decadent dessert crawl was sugar spiked and heavenly! We definitely had our share of chocolate antioxidants that day. See, it wasn’t that unhealthy after all!
Cacao’s ~ 712 SW Salmon St. Portland, OR. 97205
- Decadent Category ~ Drinking Chocolate
- Menu Item ~ The Flight. A sampling of 3 different drinking chocolates
- Mmm Factor ~ Thick, sweet drinking chocolate so divine. The Flight allowed us to sample 3 different drinking chocolates. It was like drinking the finest chocolate ganache ever.
Nuvrei Patisserie & Café ~ 404 NW 10th Ave. Portland, OR. 97209
- Decadent Category ~ Chocolate Cookie
- Menu Item ~ Double Chocolate. A flourless chocolate cookie made with Valrhona dark chocolate chunks.
- Mmm Factor ~ So rich and chocolatey. Love the cake-like texture. This cookie was the best!
Cloud City Ice Cream ~ 4525 SE Woodstock Blvd. Portland, OR. 97206
- Decadent Category ~ Creamy Ice Cream
- Menu Item ~ Banana Split with Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel, Chocolate Stout and Bourbon Vanilla
- Mmm Factor ~ Salted caramel was just the right balance of sweet and salty! Super rich and luscious
- Mmm Factor ~ Chocolate Stout. Beer and Chocolate. Who could go wrong with that?
Moonstruck Chocolates ~ 608 SW Alder St. Portland, OR. 97205
- Decadent Category ~ Specialty Chocolates Truffles
- Menu Item ~ Oregon Distiller’s Truffle Collection
- Mmm Factor ~ Creamy and smooth. The chocolate was definitely made with expert hands. Absinthe, Bourbon Whiskey, Ginger liquor, Apple Brandy, Coffee liquor, Limoncello, Dead Guy Whiskey, Pear Brandy and Marionberry Vodka. We cannot pick a favorite. They were all so yummy.
- Who would’ve thought of these flavors? They are divine!
Portland Style Cheesecake & Dessert Company ~ 1232 SE Oak St. Portland, OR. 97214
- Decadent Category ~ Beautiful Cake
- Menu Item ~ Double Chocolate Cake
- Mmm Factor ~ Love the moistness of the cake. There was such a wonderful deep, chocolate flavor and not overly sweet. We paired it with a cup of Coava java and all agreed that was the perfect ending to our decadent chocolate dessert crawl.
We said “yes” to all those decadent desserts and it felt good! It was so fun to indulge and let go a little. A little guilty pleasure isn’t going to hurt. It actually put us in a great mood and made us feel a little naughty!
Disclaimer ~ We hit the gym the next day and worked off the naughtiness. Thank goodness for personal trainers!
Our Chocolate Dessert Creation
After we finished our dessert crawl, we were inspired to create our own decadent chocolate dessert. So, from the “The Hungry Chilipinos’ ” kitchen, we have created a dessert that is almost too unbelievable to eat.
If you like French toast, ice cream, cookies and cream ~ you’ll have to try out this recipe.
The French Kiss Sundae
The French Kiss Sundae is like no other sundae ever. Thick slices of sweet eggy French toast, topped with a scoop of rich vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Sprinkled with chocolate kisses and finished off with 2 crispy Oreo cookies. Could this be decadence at its best? Yes, no doubt about that!
- French Kiss Sundae Deluxe
- 3 Slices of Texas Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of Fry Oil (vegetable oil is fine)
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
- 4 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses
- 1 tablespoon mini white chocolate chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Condensed milk
- Reddi Whip Whipped Cream
- Step 1 Beat egg and evaporated milk together
- Step 2 Soak the Texas toast slices for about 10 seconds in the egg milk mixture until coated on both sides
- Step 3 Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides approximately 2 minutes on each side
- Step 4 Drain on metal sieve and let cool
- Step 5 Slather Peanut Butter and Condensed Milk onto one side of all the fried Texas toast bread
- Step 6 Stack the slices on top of each other
- Step 7 Top with the vanilla and chocolate ice cream
- Step 8 Drizzle some Chocolate Syrup on top
- Step 9 Drizzle some Condensed Milk on top
- Step 10 Place Hershey’s kisses around the ice cream
- Step 11 Sprinkle the mini white chocolate chips on top
- Step 12 Top with two Oreo Cookies
- Step 13 Top with Reddi-wip whipped Cream
- Step 14 Serve immediately
What’s your favorite decadent dessert?
Now that you have experienced our dessert loving ways, what are your favorite desserts? Describe it in all it’s exquisite details and let us indulge with you!
The Hungry Chilipinos