Hong Kong Style Milk Tea is bold, smooth, robust and is a favorite among people in Hong Kong. It uses a special ground tea mix and after steeping, the tea grounds are filtered through a tea sock. Mixed with evaporated milk and sugar, it’s simply delicious.
This tea is best served hot or cold.
Hong Kong Style Milk Tea
- 2 tablespoons Hong Kong Tea Style Leaf (use extra 1/2 tablespoon for very strong tea)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy creamer
- Tea sock filter
- Step 1 Put 2 tablespoons tea leaf and 2 cups of cold water in a tea kettle or a regular cooking pot.
- Step 2 Bring tea to a boil.
- Step 3 Turn the heat to simmer/low setting and let the tea leaf simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 After simmering for 10 minutes, use another pot and strain tea into Tea Sock Filter. Squeeze out excess tea from filter.
- Step 5 Mix in sugar and creamer. Stir well until blended.
- Step 6 Add evaporated milk. Stir well until blended.
- Step 7 Makes approximately 3 cups mixed tea.
- Step 8 For an award winning tasting tea — An additional step used by expert Hong Kong Tea makers involve pouring the tea milk mixture back and forth 8 times until frothy. This step makes a very big difference in taste and smoothness and we highly recommended it.