Thick slices of fluffy milk bread, stuffed with creamy peanut butter and sweet condensed milk. Dipped into a rich, eggy batter, deep fried, then drizzled with golden syrup and more condensed milk.
Also, you can also use this French toast as a base for this sinfully rich and luscious ice cream dessert. Oh, it’s so good!
If you would like to make the Japanese Milk Bread from scratch, here is the recipe.
Hong Kong Style French Toast
- 2 Slices of Japanese Milk Bread or Texas Style Toast
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup or 2 ozs evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon or .5 oz condensed milk and some to drizzle onto fried toast
- 2 tablespoon or 1 oz creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup or 2 oz golden syrup
- 1 or .5 oz pat butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Step 1 Beat egg and evaporated milk together.
- Step 2 Slather peanut butter and condensed milk onto the two slices of bread
- Step 3 Soak the bread in the egg milk mixture until coated on both sides. The bread should not be too soggy or too dry. It should soak up most of the egg milk mixture before frying.
- Step 4 Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides. Approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Step 5 Drain on cooling rack
- Step 6 Plate on square plate
- Step 7 Drizzle with 1/4 cup of golden syrup
- Step 8 Put a pat of butter on top and
- Step 9 Drizzle with some condensed milk
- Step 10 Serve immediately