Honey Lemon Mousse with Fresh Blueberries is a simple dessert made with white chocolate chips, Zoi Greek Honey Yogurt, fresh whipped cream, lemon juice, fresh blueberries and served with lemon shortbread cookies.
We love the brightness of the mousse and the sweetness of the berries. It is an absolutely amazing flavor combination and so refreshingly light to enjoy on a hot summer day.
You can also top this dessert with other amazing summer fruits, such as Strawberries, Raspberries, Mango or Blackberries.
Either way, it’s a delicious dessert and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
By the way, we have also posted some amazing blueberry pictures in our Summer Fruit Series #2 post ~ Nothing Blue About These Blues. Take a look while eating your Honey Lemon Mousse with Fresh Blueberries. It’s amazing blues!
Honey Lemon Mousse with Fresh Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1/2 pint of whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 2 tablespoons of honey, heat in microwave for 20 seconds, until liquified. Set aside to cool
- 2 cups of Zoi brand Honey Greek -style yogurt or use your favorite brand
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely zest of lemon, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 lemon shortbread cookies
- A few mint leaves for garnish
- Step 1 Combine the white chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of water in a microwavable bowl for about 25 seconds
- Step 2 When the chocolate has melted, stir until it becomes smooth
- Step 3 Pour the 1/2 pint of whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl
- Step 4 Using a mixer, whip 1/2 pint of whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Step 5 Add liquified honey into the whipped cream and mix for another 10 seconds
- Step 6 Take 2 cups the Honey Greek-Style Yogurt and fold it into the whipped cream
- Step 7 Whisk in the melted white chocolate, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Step 8 To serve the mousse, use four – 6 ounce dessert cups
- Step 9 Divide the mousse mixture and spoon first layer into the dessert cups
- Step 10 Layer some blueberries onto the first layer of mousse
- Step 11 Spoon the remaining mousse into the dessert glasses
- Step 12 Top off with remaining blueberries
- Step 13 Sprinkle some lemon zest and garnish with a few mint leaves
- Step 14 Slide the lemon shortbread cookies into the dessert cups
- Step 15 Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days