We were really in the creative mood to create an unusual ice cream combo and this recipe came to mind.
We used Snyder’s Peanut Butter filled Pretzels and made our own chocolate ice cream. Yummilicious!
For the ice cream, we used our Oster 1.5 quart Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet maker. It’s a great little machine that makes a quick batch of ice cream when the craving hits! Nothing more delicious than homemade ice cream fresh out of the churner!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream
Pretzels nuggets stuffed with Peanut Butter and mixed into homemade Chocolate Ice Cream. Yummy!
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Dash Salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate square, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups Snyder's Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels, broken into small pieces
- Chocolate Syrup for drizzling on top of ice cream
- Step 1 Combine milk, sugar, salt and chocolate in saucepan
- Step 2 Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mix almost boils
- Step 3 Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs
- Step 4 Add the eggs to remaining hot mixture
- Step 5 Cook and stir over low heat until slightly thickened (2 minutes)
- Step 6 Stir in half and half, whipping cream and vanilla
- Step 7 Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Step 8 Pour into freezing bowl and freeze as directed (according to your machine’s instructions)
- Step 9 When churning has finished, fold in the peanut butter pretzels
- Step 10 Scoop into cute ice cream cups and drizzle with some chocolate syrup
- Step 11 Serve immediately or transfer ice cream into a container with lid and freeze